About Age Isle of Man
Age Isle of Man is an independent local charity and a local partner of Age UK.
Age Isle of Man provides services and information for anyone over the age of 50 and anyone with a disability. We must raise substantial funds every year to support our current services. All money raised on the island stays on the island to support our clients.
Here are some facts and figures about the Age Isle of Man services:
- We provide free impartial advice and information to 2000 clients a year
- We receive 20,000 telephone requests for help per year
- We serve 4800 meals a year across our lunch clubs in Union Mills, Laxey, Port Erin and Castletown
- We work in partnership with the Department of Health and Social Care to provide 20,000 day care places a year across our five day care centres in Douglas, Peel, Ramsey, Onchan and Port St Mary
- We provide training to more than 5,000 people a year in our four Lifelong Learning Centres in Peel, Douglas, Ramsey and Port St Mary
- We operate six mini-buses which, combined, cover some 72,000 miles a year transporting clients
- We run two shops – one in Ramsey, and one in Port Erin – staffed by volunteers. Together our shops serve 50,000 customers per year
- We partner with the Isle of Man Department of Health and Social Care to support the Island's Meals on Wheels service